Friday, April 25, 2008

The New VNV album pretty much sucks... (Originally Posted on MySpace Monday, July 11, 2005)

I have tried to avoid a nerdy blog about Music or video games...but I figure...what the hell...i'll write more of these if I just write whats on my mind and maybe one will be interesting from time to time... so if you don't want to read about what I think about music..then stop reading...cause this one won't be very interesting...

I have stood up for VNV for a long time in my close circle of friends...most of my friends who like them aren't really fans of Industrial Club music...most of them like other more poppy top 40 stuff and get into VNV's sensitive lyrics...the truly hardcore of my friends have dismissed VNV for a long time as a prissy milk toast joke...

I said whatever...I like some of their shit...I really like further...I just think that that song means a lot to me...I identify with the sensitive lyrics, what do I care...It's a good song.

But it looks like I have to give up the ghost with this latest CD...I mean what the HELL...the single they've been playing at perv and stuff is just so by the numbers...it's like a coverband or something...I have it on my mp3 player and when it comes on the first ten seconds sound so sweet... always...go What the hell is this?! I haven't heard this before and then he starts singing and I go...oh yeah...VNV. and then I skip it.

There is this one song in particular...like number three or four on the CD and that song pretty much made me decide to never buy another VNV CD again. I mean it just breaks down into this synthguitar rock SHIT!!! I mean it...and this is from a guy who has several Erasure and Cause and Effect records in his collection...that song is just pure Pop BS, I'd rather listen to Paul Oakenfold remix a Pink single...I mean seriously...what the hell? It makes me embarassed that I ever stood up for them...

That's been on my mind and rally bothering me...lately it looks like Combicrhist is the new VNV so enjoy them while you can cause pretty soon you will hate them and the floor will eventually clear when "This shit will fuck you up" comes on...just like "Dead Stars"...Everytime some new group comes out and I'm like Yeah this is good shit...I'm always tempered by the fact that the Club DJs will either play the living shit out of it and I will NEVER want to hear it again...or they won't play it at all so they can play some old skinny puppy shit that my grandpa listened to on his victrolla...

No comments: