Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Fucking crazy alternateens and their myspaces...

I've been reading a lot of these so-called blog house blogs lately. Mainly because I like to be elitest and in the know. And it seems like there is a lot of hipster electro out there right now what with the internet being a great breeding ground for viral remixes.

It's kind of funny cause I download all these mixes and I never listen to them. I have a 2 hour bike ride home and all I listen to is podcasts. When I'm at work all I listen to is Psytrance and Space-bient internet radio stations...but eventually I will get around to listening to these mixes and maybe even post up a torq mix of all this stuff.

But that's not the main point of this blog. the main point of this blog is that of all these blogs, the one that I've been enjoying the most as a read is Hipster Runoff. As they would say, they are "bloggable". They had a great post up a loooong as time ago (I'm reading through their past posts) about a fucking Myspace page for the Providence Rhode Island American Apparel store.

I don't really get American Apparel. I mean the closest guy I know to what Hipster Runoff dubs an "Alt Bro" is Dave Wilson so it's fitting that he first told me about this place. When he took me to the store on Hollywood I was like, this is it? This is just cheap ass underwear and everyone who works there looks like a gutter punk with some sort of virulent skin disease and neck beards.

Not really "my scene". For one thing the sizing is fucking insane. I'm a big dude, so I'm used to not fitting into what banana republic calls an XL, but American Apparel is just ridiculous. It's not so much the sizing, it's the cut of these things everything I've tried on fits awkwardly. Their they hang funny. I guess it's because the clothes are designed to be layered or torn up and screen printed or something. Their cotton is fucking comfy...but I'll be damned what body form they're shooting for, my guess is tall and gangly.

I mean even becca who is basically the perfect American Apparel body type looks a bit wierd. I mean the bathing suit she got is HOT...but it's cut so wierd...it just not something that you can wear in public unless you're in an indie rock music video pool scene...I guess if you wear it over leggings or something...who the fuck knows...I still wear cargo shorts and t-shirts...so obviously American Appearl could care less what I think.

Anyway, I'm just going to link a couple of the pics from the Myspace profile because they are just, I dont' know, they are just fucking obnoxiously ironically stupifying:








2 comments:

AaronFlux said...

Do you remember when everyone got all up in arms about those Calvin Klein ads with the girls and boys who looked barely 18, wearing CK underwear, in what looked like an elementary school dance room with wood paneled walls? Yeah I see the ads for American Apparel and I'm amazed at how borderline wrong these images are.

Unknown said...

I think we should go down and stretch out all their shirts in a sort of Bigger Size Protest. I hear the ceo's creep.