Saturday, July 12, 2008

I don't care what the alterna-teen bitch used to say in high school, Liz Phair fucking kicked ass!

So I have a Liz Phair song stuck in my head.

It's kind of weird to be a guy and have a song from exile in guyvile in your head because all those songs are so grrrl powerful...but the fucking divorce song. Man that song was so powerful to me back then. I don't know why. I guess I was an angsty teen. And today it's in my head...and I just wish I had a guitar so I could look up the tab on OLGA and sing it out of my head...but I don't have a guitar (gave it back to Greg, but it was his to begin with...so there you go).

So instead I"m going to write the lyrics down...which is how I used to get songs out of my head in high school college...my "note" books are full of song lyrics...some my own creation...some others. I should qualify that I'm not feeling like this about Becca...It's just a song...and I have it in my head so enjoy it...

"And the license said you had to stick around until I was dead.
But if you're tired of looking at my face I guess I already am.
But you've never been a waste of my time.
And it's never been a drag.
So take a deep breath and count back from ten. And maybe it'll be alright."

But the best fucking part. The part that so sums up relationships and compromises you make is:

"You put in my hand, a loaded gun, and then told me not to fire it.
Then you did the things you said were up to me, and then accused me of trying to fuck it up."

God that fucking line. mean so much to me as a kid. I don't even really know what it means...but it just drips with injustice. And impudent rage.

I don't know. It's still in my head. Time to listen to numa numa...that'll purge any song from your cortex.

No comments: